- Write in your own words a definition of the term ‘communication’ and trace its origin
- “The lack of upward communication can be disastrous”. Discuss with reference to some examples.
- Modern psychologists and management experts have been seriously studying the communication patterns or systems in organizations. What are the basic questions that they are trying to tackle?
- “Remember that negotiating is by its nature a compromise process.” Discuss.
- Assume you are going to be interviewed for the post of Assistant Manager in a reputed company. What questions do you anticipate? How would you answer them? Write both questions and answers.
- Discuss, and write a note on, some of the ways in which service industry builds up cordial customer relations. Give concrete examples, preferably showing how they have benefited you.
- Show how offensive style is the greatest barrier to communication. Cite some examples.
- In the context of business correspondence, discuss the following.
a) Courtesy b) Sincerity c) positive language d) persuasion e) ethics
9. You are a wholesaler in gent’s shirt and trousers and have just received an order for a large quantity of popular brand of trousers. You do not have them in stock but can supply another brand that you think is equally good. Write a letter regretting your inability to supply the brand ordered and inducing the customer to buy one you can supply.
10. Write a note on threat to e-commerce security and firewalls.